#TravelTuesday Guest Blog
I am often on the scout for new blogs to read on different topics. I find most bloggers refreshing in that they are not scared to share an opinion and this often brings a whole range of different ideas and impressions to their writing.
I also get asked where to find bloggers to follow, so I have decided to try and feature some in the Travel Tuesday series in the attempt to introduce people to different influences.
This weeks blogger is: Kris-ann Govender from Head Over Heels Blog
1. Who are you and where are you from?
I am Kris-ann Govender, by profession I am a Public Relations Ninja and Social Media Content Creator. My passion for digital content creation has led me to the inception of the Head Over Heels blog. Being a free spirited being, I am easily inspired by the simplicity of Durban; and I use my blog as a colourful canvas where I share my inspirations and thoughts about beauty, fashion, lifestyle and travelling.
2. What made you want to start blogging and how long have you been doing it?
The idea of blogging initiated after I began my Corporate Communication degree, as I studied more about the communication industry, I realised that I needed a space where I could share my thoughts. The world is moving in a digital direction so blogging was definitely the way to go. I have now been blogging for 7 months and yes, I still have a lot to learn but the journey thus far has been stimulating. I have become a more open-minded person and I find inspiration in the simpler things of life. I have always been a grammar nazi and a wordsmith which has undoubtedly been the foundation of my idea to become a blogger.
3. What does your blog focus on?
The Head Over Heels blog focuses on a broad spectrum of topics. I share anything that inspires me and I found that sticking to a certain category can be restricting. The main categories are beauty, fashion, lifestyle and travel.
4. What tips can you give people to grow their blog audience?
When you are trying to grow your blog audience there is no hard and fast rule. It takes a lot of research, thought, hard work and commitment, but there are a few things that help along the way:
- It is important to know your audience and provide them with content that they will enjoy.
- I found that giving my audience bite size chunks of information works better. This works because at first glance, it is easy on the eyes, it is not tiring and your audience will easily digest your content.
- It is also very important to let people know about your blog, share it on Instagram or Facebook. The more people you reach the larger the possibility of increasing your following. If people don’t know that your blog exists, then it will remain undiscovered.
- The most important tip is definitely to create authentic content, this way your audience will trust your content and recognise that you blog is genuine.
5. Where can people find you? Website and Social media?
6. What exciting project do you have in the pipeline for your blog?
I am currently working on creating free printables for my audience. I am also working on a travel kit series, where I will write a few posts focusing on travelling, from travel essentials to a travel checklist.
Thats it for this weeks Travel Tuesday feature. Stop in next week for the next #TravelTuesday feature or sign up for weekly updates here.
If you would like to be featured, please get in touch with me at www.meanderings.co.za/about-me or if you would like to work with me, you can visit www.meanderings.co.za/work-with-me to see what opportunities are available.